Do you suffer from hovering boss syndrome? Or do your co-workers constantly distract you with Game of Thrones talk? Well, Ping for Mac is the absurdly simple messaging app for businesses that prevents annoying co-worker distractions. Essentially, Ping allows you to send a “ping” to a co-worker and the recipient will receive the “ping” and then respond when they are ready. The app requires no set-up and discovers users in your local network.
In short, the app is a Mac version of the very popular Yo iPhone app. While there is no in-app chat, you can display your company’s phone extension within the settings of the app.
- Easy to set up. Install the app and it automatically discovers users on your network.
- Global shortcut to quickly send a ping.
- Send simple notifications to your co-workers.
- Person who sends a ping is left waiting for recipient. It would be nice to send a quick update back that shows time estimate of availability.
- Can’t create shortcut for favorite co-workers.
Given the business nature of the app, I would love to see a feature where I can send a quick update back to the sender. For example, if I receive a ping, I can respond with a few presets such as “10 minutes” or “be right there”. Without this feature, senders can be left wondering if the recipient is even in the office. All in all though, my favorite feature is how the app automatically adds users in the same local network any time I use a new chat app. Those interested can download Ping on the Mac App Store by clicking here. Continue reading this post ->