Laminar Research, creator of the popular XPlane flight simulator franchise, have released the newest edition in their lineup, XPlane 11. The latest installment in the series continues with the ever changing improvements and updates for the desktop game. One of Laminar Research’s goals is to provide the most realistic flight simulation experience possible, both for player’s enjoyment, as well as organizations that use the software professionally.
As expected, XPlane 11 continues with the addition of new aircraft, scenery, and airports. Best of all the game also includes the newest technology available in simulation and computer processing, giving a better experience to the players.
Major features in XPlane 11 include:
- A brand new intuitive user interface and control setup.
- High-resolution exteriors and detailed 3-D cockpits for many aircraft.
- Over 3,000 airports with 3-D buildings & airport scenery.
- Airports are now populated with dynamic, driving service vehicles and static and dynamic aircraft.
- New rendering engine for enhanced lighting and water effects.
Currently XPlane 11 is offered in both boxed and digital editions, depending on your preference. Regardless of your choice though both versions will set you back $69.99 USD, which isn’t that bad.