Out of the Park Developments and the Major League Baseball Players Association have finally announced that MLB Manager 2017 is available now to download on the App Store. Similar to Out of the Park Baseball 18, released earlier this year, MLB Manager 2017 features official logos for all 30 MLB teams, historical MLB logos, as well as the World Series trophy. Due to the partnership between these two companies, MLB Manager 2017 also includes real player names and stats.
The game also comes with official 2017 Opening Day rosters, with the projected 40-man roster for each team. Historical season rosters are also available as an in-app purchase if you like to go back in time. New content in MLB Manager 2017 consists of:
- 2017 Opening Day MLB rosters, including top prospects.
- New interface.
- Improved AI for trading, roster building, contract negotiations and in-game management.
- Improved league news and play-by-play text.
Currently there’s three game modes available for players to choose from, as seen below.
- Major League — Guide your favorite Major League Baseball teams through the 2017 season.
- Fictional — Customizable world of fictional players.
- Historical Major League — Three exciting past seasons to recreate — 1927, 1948, or 1997.
Depending on your gameplay style, you can allow the computer to handle decisions with various sliders that determine overall strategies, base paths, and other important aspects of the game. Gamers can also simulate an entire day or week at a time, while being able to hop back in and take over at any time.
All throughout MLB Manager 2017, players can negotiate contract extensions, oversee trades, draft players, sign free agents, and much more. Thanks to the way the game is designed, it’s pretty powerful in regards to how much you can be in control of.
MLB Manager 2017 is available to download on the App Store for $4.99 by clicking here, and there are in-app purchases for additional content.