BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment has recently announced that they are bringing the popular Sword Art Online series to mobile devices with Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag. Set to release on the App Store this Winter, players can pre-register for the game at the official website. In addition the first trailer for Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag, as seen below, has been released highlighting some of the core content and gameplay.
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag is a free mobile multiplayer action RPG where players can experience both stories drawn from the popular anime series and an all-new in-game storyline. In the game players will join Kirito, Asuna, Leafa, and a wide range of characters from the original manga and anime series. Working with friends and other players in multiplayer mode, teams will battle together in order to take down massive bosses. Each character has their own unique skills and special abilities to use in their fight as well.
As a reward to fans, once 30,000 or more players pre-register for SWORD ART ONLINE: Memory Defrag all participating registrants will receive the following in-game rewards when the game is released:
- Camisole Asuna (Special bonus character for pre-registered players)
- Apron & Kitchen Knife (The same knife and apron Asuna used in the anime series)
- Memory Diamond x5 (Redeem memory diamonds to unlock a new character)
Other than in-game rewards, all eligible players who pre-register for the game are entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win even more prizes!
- One grand winner will receive the collector’s edition of SWORD ART ONLINE: Hollow Realization for the PlayStation® 4
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Base Game
- Blu-ray Bonus Disc
- 6″ Kirito & Asuna Figurines
- Mini posters and decal sheets
- Collector’s Edition Packaging
- Four runner-up winners will receive the standard copy of SWORD ART ONLINE: Hollow Realization for the PlayStation® 4
We’re told that the sweepstakes period runs until October 31st 11:59 PDT and is only available to players in USA and Canada. Currently this is all the information available to us, however, we’ll be sure to keep you updated as time goes on.