After covering the Battlefield 1 open beta, EA and DICE have recently announced an official Premium Pass program which will provide new content and early access to players in four upcoming expansion packs. Battlefield 1 Premium Pass members will be granted two-week early access to each expansion, starting with Battlefield 1 “They Shall Not Pass” in March 2017. Condensed down to a simple list, the Premium Pass membership will include the following.
- 4 expansion packs, including:
- Play as new armies including France in Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass, and the Russian Empire in an upcoming expansion pack.
- 16 new multiplayer maps
- New Operations and game modes.
- New Elite classes, vehicles, and weapons.
- 14 Battlefield 1 Battlepacks containing stand-out weapon skins, delivered monthly from November 2016
- 14 unique dog tags distributed over the course of the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass period
Brand new to Battlefield 1 is Operations, a completely new way to play multiplayer. In Battlefield 1 you will play a series of interconnected battles across multiple fronts. These sequences of battles have consequences beyond a single match, meaning there will be more strategy involved throughout the game. If you need getting caught up, be sure to check out our previous article on Battlefield 1 which includes open beta information, release date, and much more.