QuinnScape, best known for their variety of travel apps, have announced the release of Packing Pro version 12.0, a major upgrade that fully modernizes this 7-year old iOS app. Most notably, this update drops support for iOS 6/7 and fully embraces iOS 8/9, which could be a deal breaker for older devices. In addition over 20,000 lines of code were revised or completely re-written, leading to much smoother experience on current iOS devices. Other than changes to the code, big improvements in design and user experience have been made and new features were added like usual.
In short, these are the bigger changes in the latest update:
- You can now Smart Search/Quick Add on all Master Catalog pages.
- List page search is also improved.
- Sort option added to each level of the Master Catalog.
- New function to capitalize or uncapitalize Master Catalog types and items.
- Extra options for “Add List to List” function.
- Revamped user interface.
As it stands the update is completely free to download for those who have already purchased Packing Pro, however, first time users can pick it up on the App Store for $2.99. Last thing worth noting, there’s a basic version of Packing Pro available for $0.99.