Rock Band creators Harmonix and publishing partner Tilting Point have finally announced the release of Beat Sports for the new Apple TV. Revealed on stage at Apple’s event in September, Beat Sports is a collection of music-infused mini-games inspired by sports like tennis, volleyball and golf. Designed exclusively for the new Apple TV, the game combines the joy of playing sports while staying on beat to the song.
- Four unique and whacky rhythm-based sports mini-games.
- Simple and intuitive motion and touch controls.
- Unlock new difficulty levels and compete for high scores.
- Customize your slugger’s outfit and bat as you unlock new sports equipment.
- Play Buddy Ball with up to four players using iPhone or iPod touch as extra controllers.
The game uses the brand-new Siri Remote to swing, volley and score to the beat of the music. Players can also download the free Beat Sports Remote App from the App Store to turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into an extra controller, allowing up to four players to compete against each other. Additionally, Beat Sports features an original soundtrack composed by Harmonix and Masaya Matsuura, the creator of PaRappa the Rapper.