Book publisher No Starch Press is releasing yet another book that gives readers an inside took into how technology and computers work with their latest book, How Software Works. The book also explains how common software technologies power our modern world.
Author V. Anton Spraul explains, “Software drives the modern world, and yet most of us have little idea what’s really going on behind the scenes. This book clears away the mystery, explaining how software accomplishes some of the major tasks we ask of it every day. Anyone can learn how software works; all you need is curiosity.”
In How Software Works, readers will discover the inner workings of software without getting confused by complicated lines of code. Although the book exposes technical details, there’s no programming or instructional code to go through. Here’s the main highlights of what the readers will learn:
- The fundamentals of computer security.
- How passwords and private data are protected.
- How computers generate stunning digital graphics for films and video games.
- How data is searched and found in huge databases in an instant.
- How map software finds directions.
How Software Works is available directly from No Starch Press in print and ebook format for $29.95 and $23.95 respectively.