Well then, what a month of game releases we were treated to in July! Hopefully August is the same, if not better. If you are in Australia like me then you have a reason to be happy because once again we have been spoiled with games that have released as soft launches
This week Gamevil and SQUARE ENIX have decided to use the Australian store as a test place. Why? I don’t know, but it is a growing trend I have noticed over the last few weeks especially. If you aren’t an Aussie or living in Singapore, don’t worry! There are still lots of game to delve into this week.
Farming Simulator 16 (by GIANTS Software GmbH) — Out Now
Manage your own farm and drive massive machines in an open world!
Well there isn’t much to say about this one. Just like the name suggests this is the next version of the incredibly popular Farm Simulator. If you have ever wondered what it is like to work on a farm, and cant find a farmer crazy enough to let you use his compactor, then this is the next best thing. As the hickey voice over in the above video says; there is lots to do and lots of vehicles to drive, plus you can now farm with a friend. So what are you waiting for! Take the step up from Farmville, and try this one out now!
Five Nights at Freddy’s 4 (by Scott Cawthon) — Out Now
In this last chapter of the Five Nights at Freddy’s original story, you must once again defend yourself against Freddy Fazbear, Chica, Bonnie, Foxy, and even worse things that lurk in the shadows.
With only a flashlight as protection, you must survive until 6am against the murderous creatures that are out there to get you, including the murderous bear named Freddy. Unlike previous versions of the game you play as a child, adding an element of insecurity to the game that is sure to change things up from previous renditions. This isn’t a game for the faint hearted though, so only try if you think you are up for it.
Sling Kong (by Protostar) — August 6th
Sling, bounce and swing your Kong to glory, but watch out for all manner of dastardly traps and obstacles. Go up, and up, and up until there’s no more up to go, or else meet your hilarious end!
Sling Kong is a unique, cute and enjoyable arcade style game where the aim is to sling as far as you can whilst collecting coins along the way. With over 35 characters to play as you are bound to have lots of fun with this well made game.
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon (by Tiger Style) — August 6th
A secret society built Blackbird Estate for a specific reason. Not even the family living there today knows what it was.
Explore Blackbird Estate, the home of a secret society from the unique perspective of a spider. Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon is a brilliant example of a game that can tell a story whilst having fun gameplay. It’s a mix between a platform game and a puzzle game. At the same time though it has an interesting and compelling story which, like its predecessors makes you want to keep playing to explore the many secrets hidden throughout the estate.
Also Out This Week:
- Afterpulse (by Digital Legends Entertainment/Gamevil) Soft Launch in Australia and Singapore
- Barmark (by Stormhatt Studios) — August 6th
- El Diego (by Bulkypix) — August 6th
- Flips! (by The App Ward) — August 6th
- Free Fall – Endless Arcade Decent (by Appsolute Games LLC) — August 6th
- On The Run (by Miniclip.com) — Soft Launch in Canada
- Peninsular War Battles (by HexWar Games Ltd) — August 6th
- Puzzle Soccer (by SQUARE ENIX) — Soft Launch in Australia
- Rockstar of Ooo – Adventure Time Rhythm Game (by Cartoon Network) — August 6th
- Score! Hero (by First Touch Games Ltd) — Soft Launch in Singapore
- Smurfs Epic Run (by Ubisoft) — Soft Launch in New Zealand
- The Last Vikings (by Springloaded Ltd) — Soft Launch in Singapore
- The Walking Pet (by Ketchapp) — August 6th
- Toby’s Monster (by Millenway) — August 6th
- Zombie’s Got a Pogo (by PlayFlame) — August 6th
We will add more games to this post as we become aware of their release. In the meantime enjoy the games that have already come out.
If you are a developer or publisher with a game coming out soon, and want to see your game featured then send us a tweet or contact us via email.