Another big week has arrived for game releases, and whilst its not promising to have as much big games as we got last week, it will have one HUGE release in Angry Birds 2. Crescent Moon Games are also releasing their long awaited Operation Dracula and we also have a new take on the classic game Snake in the form of Cube Worm. Those games and more are previewed below in “Out this week”.
Angry Birds 2 (by Rovio) — July 30th
No number of BWAHS could ever justify the epicness of what’s about to go down on Piggy Island…
Angry Birds 2 hits our app stores this week. It has however been on the Canadian store for a while now under the name Angry Birds Under Pigstruction. It brings a new character called Lady on top of new levels, polished graphics and interesting animations. It is however a free to play title with limited lives, so expect to pay some money for success. Whether this ends up being another hit, or just another Angry Birds like the many versions already on the store remains to be seen, but only time will tell.
Cube Worm (by Craneballs s.r.o.) — July 30th
You thought feeding your worm and avoiding obstacles was hard enough? Try that on a cube that is constantly spinning and can take your worm out of sight.
From the makers of Overkill, its sequels and Gun Master comes Cube Worm; a classic twist on the original arcade game by the name of Snake. Try to grow your worm as long as you can over the three different worlds of Grass, Desert and Ice. You can also unlock different “Eleworms” in Earth, Fire, Water and Air. The game is completely free and doesn’t have any in app purchases.
Fish Pond Park (by Kairosoft Co.,Ltd) — Out Now
Nurture an idyllic slice of tourist’s heaven into the top nature spot of the nation, furnishing it with a variety of services like inns, tours, and more!
As with most Kairosoft games this one has had a quiet release when it launched on Sunday. If you are unfamiliar with the company you may remember their games Game Dev Story and Mega Mall Story both games which had lengthy spells on the top of the App Store charts. In Fish Pond Park you take control of a pond and its surrounding environment. Start tours, advertise fishing and build inns in order to attract as much people to your pond as possible whilst attempting to make “the big catch”. Seriously though, if you haven’t tried any Kairosoft game, give them a go! You will not be disappointed!
Hanger World (by A Small Game) — Out Now
After more than 100 million plays – Hanger is back! Swing your ragdoll through dangerous levels filled with razor sharp blades, lethal lasers, hungry monsters and all sorts of limb cutting obstacles!
If you like silly ragdoll physics games then here is another game to take a look at called Hanger World. Avoid all the obstacles as you swing through 54 challenging levels with your rope. The controls are simple. Tap the screen to fire your rope up to the ceiling above. Everytime you hit an obstacle you loose limbs, so you want to get to the end as quick as possible, with the most body parts possible.
Operation Dracula (by CM Games) — July 30th
Operation Dracula is a rip roaring bullet hell shooter that will scramble your brain and your fingers!
Made by Samurai Games and published by renowned app publisher and developer Crescent Moon Games comes Operation Dracula a top down shooter similar to Capcom’s 1941 and 1942 shooters. The 16-bit styled shooter has three characters to choose from excluding a fourth unlock-able character. The gameplay promises to be challenging as there a total of 9 bosses to face up against.
Also Out This Week:
- 42 Orbs (by TwoDoor Games) — July 30th
- Battle Golf (by Colin Lane) — July 30th
- Circle Race (by Magnetic Stormz) — Out Now
- Como (by 5minLab) — Out Now
- Cube Jump (by Ketchapp) — July 30th
- .Decluster Zero: Bullet Nocturne Lite (by MASAYUKIITO) — Out Now
- Domino Drop (by Vitalii Zlotskii) — July 30th
- DragonDrop – 3D Endless Flyer (by PerpetualFunMachine) — Out Now
- Energy Barrier (by Sergii Orlov) — Out Now
- Ghost Catcher! (by Andrew Bazter) — Out Now
- Hungry Bird (by Beeb) – July 30th
- Jumping Cube (by ZHUPENG WANG) — July 30th
- Mazes of Karradash (by Federico Fanelli) — Out Now
- Mechanosaur Hijacks the Moon (by XperimentalZ Games) — July 30th
- Mind the Arrow: Match The Dots (by Thumbspire Inc.) — July 30th
- Nosferatu 2 – Run from the sun (by Morphicon) — Out Now
- Skill Wave (by Appsolute Games) — July 30th
- Race The Sun (by Flippfly, LLC) — July 30th
- Red Game Without A Great Name (by iFun4all) — Out Now
- Shibuya Grandmaster (by Nevercenter Ltd. Co.) — July 30th
- Tap Quest: Gate Keeper (by nanoo Company) — Out Now
- Warhammer: Arcane Magic (by Turbo Tape Games AS) — Out Now
- World of Warriors: Quest (by Mind Candy Ltd) — Out Now
- You Against Me (by You Against Me App) — July 30th
We will add more games to this post as we become aware of their release. In the meantime enjoy the games that have already come out.
If you are a developer or publisher with a game coming out soon, and want to see your game featured then send us a tweet or contact us via email.