On Thursday, T-Mobile kickstarted their Uncarrier Amped moves as they are trying to fix the “hopelessly broken wireless industry.” Today, the United States’ 4th largest carrier announced JUMP! On Demand. The new initiative is designed to let customers upgrade to a new phone whenever they please, up to three times a year.
Just like typical T-Mobile, the cost of the phone will be spread over 18 months alongside your normal service bill. JUMP! On Demand will be available in select stores starting June 28th.
T-Mobile says, “With Jump! On Demand, you make payments on your phone for 18 months. After 18 months, you can simply turn in your phone with nothing more to pay, or upgrade to your next new phone and start a new plan, or make a final payment and keep your phone.”
For those looking into getting an iPhone 6, the baseline 16GB model will cost you $15 a month plus taxes while it’ll be $19/month for the iPhone 6 Plus. Trading in your old phone is also required. Here’s the announcement video from T-Mobile CEO, John Legere:
The extra details:
- JUMP! On Demand is only available in participating stores in the U.S.
- The program begins Sunday, June 28.
- It’s a time-limited offer.
- Qualifying credit and service is required.
- You must trade-in an eligible device, which must be in good condition, at a participating T-Mobile store and upgrade to an eligible device on lease, up to three times per year.
- Only select smartphones are eligible for the promotion.
- iPhone 6 offer is subject to credit approval. Eligible paid-off smartphone trade-in, lease and qualifying service is required. The $15 per month lease available via monthly bill credits. You must remain on qualifying service in good standing for the duration of the 18-month lease. After 18 months you must return the device in good condition or exercise the purchase option.
- JUMP! On Demand is unavailable with Contract Freedom (device pay-off) or other trade-in offers.
You can find out more about JUMP! On Demand here.