According to a report from The Times of India, a brand new iPhone 6 exploded when a customer was on a hands-free phone call. The owner, Kushan Yadav, luckily survived the incident by throwing his two day old iPhone out of his car window. The incident happened during the week of June 20th, but Yadav did not file a police report until Tuesday. He claims that the iPhone got really hot and started to spark.
“My face could have got burn [sic] as the phone exploded in a matter of seconds. When I threw the phone, the call was on and the battery was around 70 percent,” Yadav told The Times. Yadav took the device into the store where he originally bought it and was instructed to directly go to Apple. It is unclear whether or not he has gotten a replacement unit yet.