After the awesome announcement regarding Vainglory‘s official esports tournament, comes some even better news for players. Vainglory’s newest hero, Fortress, has finally been added to the smash hit MOBA game which has really changed the genre for mobile devices. Sporting fangs and a wolf-like figure, Fortress is one of the tougher characters that has been added to the game.
Fortress prefers to his prey, close in with teammates, then flank his targets and creates multi-front confrontations. From marking his prey and short-range lunge attacks to clawing targets and causing them to take damage every second, Fortress is certainly a force to be reckoned with in the Halcyon Fold. While this is just the main event of the update, here are some of the smaller details just in case you don’t look over them:
- Adds Tier I skins for Ardan, Joule & Krul.
- Adds Tier II skins for Glaive, Koshka & Ringo.
- Adds more cards, including Epic rarity!
- Skins for the remaining heroes will arrive in future updates.
- Co-op vs Basic Bots: VERY simple bots help new players learn and give players a way to try out new builds.
- Jungle monster changes (see in-game update notes).
- Minion Mines give lane minions more lethality vs turrets.
- Capturing a Minion Mine instantly upgrades existing minions.
Currently the update is available to download right now for those who have Vainglory already installed on their iOS device, however, first time players can pick up the game on the App Store for free.