With under 24 hours before the Apple Watch pre-order, Apple’s SVP of Online and Retail Stores Angela Ahrendts issued a media release regarding the constrained supply of the Watch on launch. The company notes that they will be taking only taking online orders “during the initial launch period.”
Ahrendts’ said this in the press release:
We are excited to welcome customers tomorrow and introduce them to Apple Watch, our most personal device yet. Based on the tremendous interest from people visiting our stores, as well as the number of customers who have gone to the Apple Online Store to mark their favorite Apple Watch ahead of availability, we expect that strong customer demand will exceed our supply at launch,” said Angela Ahrendts, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail and Online Stores. “To provide the best experience and selection to as many customers as we can, we will be taking orders for Apple Watch exclusively online during the initial launch period.
The Watch will be available for pre-order at 12:01 PDT in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States. Furthermore, the wearable device will be shipping on April 24. MacRumors discovered yesterday that the Watch may have some delays on launch due to supply constraints, while some models may be unavailable to ship on launch day.
Here’s a list of Apple Watch’s that may be delayed on launch:
- Aluminum Case with Sport Band: “Delivers 4/24 to 5/8″
- Stainless Steel Case with Sport Band: “Delivers 4/24 to 5/8″
- Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop: “Delivers 4/24 to 5/8″
- Stainless Steel Case with Black Classic Buckle: “Delivers 4/24 to 5/8″
- Stainless Steel Case with Modern Buckle: “Dispatched in 4 to 6 weeks”
- Stainless Steel Case with Leather Loop: “Dispatched in 4 to 6 weeks”
- Stainless Steel Case with Link Bracelet: “Dispatched in 4 to 6 weeks”
- All Edition Models Dispatching in May
We will keep you updated as more information comes out.