Vainglory, the hit MOBA for iOS devices, has gotten an all new hero, Celeste, in the game’s most recent update which is available now to download. Celeste is the son of Ardan and has the power to command the stars to defeat opponents. The star formations Celeste can create keeps enemies at a distance and finishes them off as they run away. Celeste can also release a storm of stars, dubbed a Solar Storm, that travels across the world. The lead star passes through all enemies it hits, dealing crystal damage. On the other hand, trailing stars that collide with the first enemy they hit deal crystal damage in an area. Other features in this update include:
- There are now 5 tactical pings above the mini-map, including new pings for “group up,” “caution” and “enemy hero missing.”
- Tap and hold the new social pings button in the upper-left corner of the screen to reveal new ways to communicate with teammates.
- Notify your followers that you’re looking for a Party Queue match.
- Multiple Matchmaker and Karma system updates to improve your play experience. Read the detailed Update Notes in the News section for more.
- Multiple heroes and items received balance changes. Check the in-game News section for a detailed breakdown.
For those that may not know, Vainglory is a MOBA built from the ground just for touch screen devices. In Vainglory, two teams of three players each go head-to-head in real-time battles. Each player controls a single hero and must formulate a strategy with their team members to shatter a giant crystal, known as the Vain, located in the center of the enemy team’s base. Those who play MOBAs for desktop should certainly consider giving Vainglory a chance, as it’s probably the best one available for iOS right now.
First time players can download Vainglory on the App Store for free by clicking here, however, there are in-app purchases.