Gamious and BluBox Games have recently announced the release of iO – A Physics Platformer — a new type of game about size, speed, and momentum — onto the App Store for iPhone and iPad. Chosen as the winner of the Global Game Jam 2012 and a finalist at the IndieCade Festival 2014, iO is a special platformer game that you may have never seen before. Created at the Dutch Global Game Jam 2012, Amsterdam-based developer Gamious has worked hard to turn the prototype into a quality game to bring to market. iO – A Physics Platformer provides innovative game mechanics where players control their own size, weight and mass through the game to beat it.
iO – A Physics Platformer puts players in control of a single ball, allowing them to grow or shrink it. The ball’s size and mass influences its speed and momentum as players must complete 150 levels. To spice things up a bit, players must overcome obstacles that includes portals, inverted gravity, vehicles and plenty more.
- Over 150 puzzles to solve and more coming in future updates.
- Intuitive touch controls and unlock new achievements
- Make new friends and compete against old ones on the Global Leaderboards.
- Unique and wide variety of gameplay mechanics including gravity manipulation, portals, vehicles and more.
- Retro-futuristic visuals.
Interested? iO – A Physics Platformer is available on the App Store to download for $2.99 by clicking here.