After a very successful release of the update “Doorway to Madness” for Cards and Castles, Bit Mass will be featuring their upcoming content update, “The Ancient Hero Returns”, at PAX South later this week. Those who attend will be able to chat with thee creator, Matt Siege, and play the game on the show floor. Cards and Castles, which launched on iOS and Android devices in April of last year, is the first title developed by indie studio Bit Mass. With a different approach to collectible card games (CCGs), Cards and Castles adds grid-based strategy gameplay and a number of formidable factions (Vikings, Crusaders, Warlocks, Pirates, or Ninjas) to always keep things interesting. Here’s some of the key features that will come in the “The Ancient Hero Returns” update:
- Draft Contest revamp: pick cards one at a time for intense competition based on the popular tournament format.
- New “Brynjolf the Ancient Hero” single player mini-campaign.
- Find out how you rank in comparison with a friendly leaderboard option.
- Scenarios are now grouped for easy access.
- Throw caution to the wind with a deck auto-builder.
- When a user collects a new card, it’s now marked as “new”.
- Deck “win” stats now tracked for rankings.
- “New and improved” automatic deck naming.
- Max wins now tracked in Draft mode and win streaks (live mode only).
While we don’t have an exact release date available, we’re hoping it will be released in the coming weeks or shortly after PAX South. Those who want to try Cards and Castles for the first time can download it for free on the App Store by clicking here, however, there are in-app purchases.
Update: We were informed from Luis Levy, the PR manager for Bit Mass, that the update will be live tomorrow on the App Store.