Now that Muscle Nerd has officially deemed the iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak from TaiG safe, you can now upgrade to the new iOS 8 update and jailbreak your device yet again. Reddit user, michaelbui, has written a pretty straight forward and simple guide on upgrading to iOS 8.1.1 and re-jailbreaking your device if you’re running into any trouble or just need some help along the way. If so, be sure to check out the following steps below.
- Download iOS 8.1.1 from iTunes (or use this website).
- Restore your device to iOS 8.1.1 and set it up as a new device.
- Turn off Find My iPhone, the pass code/Touch ID, auto lock and turn on Airplane Mode.
- Download TaiG jailbreak.
- After you have downloaded the TaiG jailbreak, open up the program and plug your iOS device in.
- There should be two boxes checked, uncheck the second box which is the third party Chinese App Store. After that, click the “X” to exit the window that pops up.
- Click the jailbreak button, and let it process and jailbreak your device. It will reboot your device a few times, so don’t worry about that.
- If all goes right, you’ll see Cydia on your spring board. Open Cydia let your device reboot after preparing the file system.
Once all is said and done, michaelbui suggests that you install system-cmds from Cydia and you’ll be good to go. Enjoy!