Avenged Sevenfold, the California-based hard rock superstars, have recently announced their first action adventure role-playing game — Hail to the King: Deathbat — is now available to download on the App Store. Hail to the King: Deathbat‘s story follows the Deathbat, the resurrected King of the Underworld, who must regain the lands of Haides from the Dark Andronikos. As users battle through seven landscapes inspired by the band’s iconic discography and artwork, players can interact with other characters to uncover more of the game’s mythology. Hail to the King: Deathbat features classic Avenged Sevenfold tracks along with a brand new score, composed by the band in the tradition of 8-bit masterpieces like Castlevania. Despite coming with five optional in-app purchases, purchasing just the game alone comes with everything you need to complete it. Additionally, players can expect anywhere from ten to twelve gameplay hours which isn’t all that bad.
- Play through levels inspired by Avenged Sevenfold’s songs.
- Play as members of the band (available as in-app purchases).
- An original score, written by Avenged Sevenfold themselves.
- 7 new paintings by artist Cam Racka.
- 14 pieces of never-before seen artwork intended for use in earlier albums.
- Interact with non-playable characters to learn about and solve the mysteries of the island.
- 10-12 hours of gameplay.
- Additional “Nightmare Mode” add an additional 10-12 hours of gameplay.
Interested? Hail To King: Deathbat is available on the App Store for $4.99 by clicking here, however, there are in-app purchases.