After many hours of playing games, deliberation amongst the judges, and a couple hours of anticipation, the final results for the Indie Prize awards are finally in. Starting at 8PM PST yesterday, the Indie Prize Awards Ceremony kicked off and the room was full of energy and excitement. Out of nearly 100 games this year at Casual Connect, only a mere 12 walked away with an award. The awards were broken down into 10 different categories each with two nominees and one winner, the Critic’s Choice Award, and the Audience Choice Award. So without any further to do, be sure to check out the full list below of the winners, categories and nominees.
- Best Game Art: Fearless Fantasy by Enter Skies (USA)
Nominated: Whispering Willows by Night Light Interactive (USA), Awakening of Heroes by COFA Games (Serbia)
- Best Game Audio: Big Action Mega Fight! by Double Stallion (Canada)
Nominated: MEG: RVO by Skunkwerks Kinetic Industries (Canada), Slice Fractions by Ululab (Canada)
- Best Game Story: Whispering Willows by Night Light Interactive (USA)
Nominated: The Phantom P.I.: Mission Apparition by Rocket 5 Studios (Canada), Corto Maltese Secrets of Venice by KIDS UP HILL (France)
- Most Innovative Game: Pig Eat Ball by Mommy’s Best Games (USA)
Nominated: Extrasolar by Lazy 8 Studios (USA), Flutter by Sebastian Conley (USA)
- Most Promising Game in Development: Apsis by A Stranger Gravity (USA)
Nominated: Heroes of Rune by MijiKai Games (USA), Speed of Sound by Further Games (Argentina)
- Best Desktop Game: Extrasolar by Lazy 8 Studios (USA)
Nominated: Rollers of the Realm by Phantom Compass (Canada), Whispering Willows by Night Light Interactive (USA)
- Best Multiplayer Game: Jump Tanks by Mechanical Butterfly Studios (USA)
Nominated: Awakening of Heroes by COFA Games (Serbia), Fright Fight by APPSolute Games (USA)
- Best Family Friendly Game: Slice Fractions by Ululab (Canada)
Nominated: Brian by UpTap (USA), Bigfoot Hunter by The Tap Lab (USA)
- Best Free-to-Play Game: Simply Twisted by Endless Wave Software (USA)
Nominated: Glint by Ensomniac Studios (USA), Kelso’s Quest by Avocoder (USA)
- Best Mobile Game: Mr. Runner 2: The Masks by Zing Games (USA)
Nominated: Doggins by Brain&Brain (USA), Crowman & Wolfboy by Wither Studios (USA)
- Best Game in Show — Critic’s Choice Award: The Phantom P.I. Mission Apparition by Rocket 5 Studios (Canada)
- Best Game in Show — Audience Choice Award: Dark Deception by Glowstick Games (USA)
Leading up to the Indie Prize Awards, we stopped by Playtika‘s booth at Causal Connect to get the latest scoop on their games and what’s to come. Be sure to stay on a look out for an interview with a Playtika representative coming later next week for all the information. From there we went to a few of the different lectures at Casual Connect as well. Those interested can see a quick list of our favorites below (full list of all lectures here).
- The Merits of Multiplayer: Actionable Insights, Workable Advice and Real World Examples
- Longevity is King: Tips and Tricks for Making Your Success Last!
- The Merits of Mobile Multiplayer Games – For Indie Game Developers
- Mobile Web: To Spree or Browse?
- Indie Entrepreneurship: Lessons from the Trenches
Wrapping up our day two roundup, we went to Coin Congress to see the Digital Chamber of Commerce‘s press conference which we happened to live blog. Last but certainly not least, there were also press releases from IdentityMind Global, ZipZap, and also the Digital Chamber of Commerce.