Sure, there’s a lot of paid, cheap ‘great’ Photoshop applications out there, but how do you know which one to choose from? Programs like Paint.NET and GIMP which are highly extensible and have lots of features, but what about Photoshop’s amazing deleting feature that allows you to correct images and remove unwanted objects from the photo and make it look like they were never there? Say hello to Snapheal for Mac from MacPhun, LLC coming tomorrow for $9.99.
Thanks to the developers, we’ve been able to get our hands on Snapheal before its release. I’ve spend a few hours with the app and thoroughly enjoyed it. In addition to that, the developers let me put together a hands on preview video that you can see below.
At launch, Snapheal for Mac will cost $9.99 for a limited time only sale promotion, then jump up to $19.99. Quick list of features that Snapheal for Mac includes:
- Erase unwanted objects, delete skin imperfections and text
- Fix images with clone&stamp tool
- Adjust saturation, gamma, exposure, color temperature, etc
- Reduce noise and sharpen images
- Control shadows and highlights
- Import pictures from Aperture and iPhoto
- Export to iPhoto
- Handle up to 32 megapixels
- Work with Tiff, Raw, etc.
We will have a full in-depth review post-release, so stay tuned!