The iPad is a great tool for doing business on the go and it has already started replacing the laptops in some areas. I think the size is the main advantage for this device — it is not bulky and the screen size is very comfortable for work. Moreover, a variety of apps are available for user to help in business. For me, WorldCard Mobile is the favorite. Let me explain the reason here.
WorldCard HD makes it a breeze to organize, edit and manage the contacts on the iPads. Penpower’s powerful OCR technology recognizes the contact details such as name, address, company name from the image of the business cards and saves them in the users’ devices. If they have a large number of cards, the Batch Card Mode enables them to do it without pain.
As iPad’s camera cannot produce images that are good enough for recognition, users need to add images through their iPhone photo stream to let this app recognize the data. The WorldCard Data files (*.wcxf) can also be imported directly from cloud storage or through iTunes. I think, this app would really get better if Apple could come up with a better camera for iPads.
Attractive features of WorldCard HD:
- OCR technology that guarantees precision and accuracy.
- Ability to store information in Cloud.
- iTunes file sharing to share information from PC.
- Search tool that makes it easy to find the contacts.
- Image optimization to enhance the images and to offer best definition.
- Contact groups can be created as per the needs of users.
- Google Maps to save users time on route planning.
WorldCard HD is an iPad app and it needs iOS 4.2 or later. This app costs US $14.99. If the bunch of business cards troubles you a lot, this is the app you should look at.
Final Score 4/5 Stars
[appext 473931333] Continue reading this post ->