After getting delayed for a week, Red Bull Air Race from Red Bull Media House is now available for free with in-app purchases on the App Store for both iPhone and iPad. The fast-paced arcade racing game brings the fastest motorsport series in the world — the 2014 Red Bull Air Race World Championship — to iOS devices for the first time. In the game players face 23 pilots, flying at a speed of 230 MPH and subjected to forces of up to 10 Gs. Just like in the real Red Bull Air Race, players start off with training at the “pilot camp” in Brazil, while there they prepare for the racing season and learn the controls. For there, it’s off to the career mode on the trail of the 2014 Red Bull Air Race World Championship in eight different locations on three continents. All the courses in the game are recreated closely on the originals and are unlocked as players progresses through the game.
Six different aircraft, each with their own special characteristics, are available on release as well. In the virtual hangar, they can be repainted and equipped with various upgrades that provide even more speed and improve the aerodynamics. Those who have more fun in duels than pursuing a pilot career can try their hand in the global Tournament mode, where they face other players from all over the world. Players who want to prove how skilled they are must go through the same process as in the real Red Bull Air Race: Training, Qualifying, Top 12, Super 8, and Final 4.
- 2 different game modes: Career and Tournament.
- 9 unique locations on 3 continents: Pilot Camp in Brazil and 8 race courses in Rovinj (Croatia), Abu Dhabi (UAE), Putrajaya (Malaysia), Las Vegas (USA), Ascot (UK), and Forth Worth (USA).
- 55 unique courses, including every official location in the Red Bull Air Race World Championship 2014.
- 6 different aircraft for the release: Extra 330LX, Extra 300SR, Edge 540, MXS-R, Edge 540 V3, and Corvus Racer, each with 5 upgrade packages and 210 different paint jobs.
- New global online tournaments with leaderboards every week.
- Over 200 races in the campaign mode.
- 50 achievements.
- Rocking music by Heaven’s Basement, AWOLNATION, Blitz Kids, Five Knives, and Beartooth.
- Regular content updates in development.