Danish development studio, Full Control, has announced that the first Warhammer 40,000 based title Space Hulk is now available to download on the App Store. Priced at $9.99, iOS gamers can now get Space Hulk for the iPad and it even features cross-platform play between iPad, PC and Mac. Three campaigns via in-app purchases are also available — Messenger of Purgatory, Sword of Halcyon and the Defilement of Honour. Set in an ancient ship lost in space, players must lead a small army of fearless Space Marine Terminators to battle for survival against alien Genestealers. Based on the “Sin of Damnation” campaign from the 3rd edition board game, Space Hulk includes 12 levels in the single-player mode. Here’s some extra details on the three DLC packs:
- Messenger of Purgatory ($2.99) — Retrieve the remains of a fallen Blood Angel from amongst a nest of Genestealers.
- Sword of Halcyon ($4.99) — Race against the clock to reclaim the Sword of Halcyon before it is overwhelmed by aliens.
- Defilement of Honour ($4.99) — Hunt aliens through the air duct riddled Defilement of honor.
- Turn-based tactical strategy game based on the classic game mechanics.
- 12 missions from the classic board game, and 3 brand new prequel missions.
- 3 additional campaigns available as DLC.
- Beautifully dark and labyrinthine 3D environments.
- Singleplayer versus challenging AI.
- Head-to-head multiplayer allows you to recreate the board game experience against a friend.
- Cross platform multiplayer between Windows PC, Mac and iPad. Play asynchronously against friends and foes on multiple platforms.
- Enhanced touch controls designed for iPad.
- High definition graphics for retina displays.
Interested? You can download Space Hulk on the App Store for $9.99 by clicking here, however, there are in-app purchases.