Capital j Media, developers of Cube Smash, have finally announced that the sequel to their hit iOS game, Battle Fleet, is now available to download for Mac and iPad. Battle Fleet 2 is the cross-platform reimagination of the original game, featuring improved graphics, tactics, ships, as well as multiplayer. Set in the WW2 era with fights taking place around island chains in The Pacific, players manually control each ship’s loadout and must maneuver each ship in turn based combat. Firing on enemy ships is done by power and angle controls, similar to Worms from Team17 Software. Ballistic weapons use real time collision physics, allowing you to use terrain of islands as cover or even allowing individual shells to take out key systems such as enemy guns, flight decks, rudders, and more. When comparing Battle Fleet 2 to its predecessor we could tell that there has been a big improvement between the two in terms of graphics and overall gameplay. So with that said, if you were a fan of the original Battle Fleet, we highly recommend you check out Battle Fleet 2.
- Build your fleet from 5 different ship classes each with different hardpoint locations for mounting different weapons, different mobility, and different hit locations.
- Use small caliber guns to pinpoint your shot and switch to devastating salvo mode, forcing all available guns to fire at the same location.
- Equip your ships with a wide variety of weapons including AA guns, torpedoes, and different caliber naval artillery.
- Utilize or neutralize bombers and recon planes launched from island bases, aircraft carriers, or cruisers.
- Play the strategic campaign mode, random skirmish mode, full cross platform multiplayer, or even hotseat multiplayer.
- Full 3D models of US and Japanese WW2 era ships.