With all the recent craze about iOS 7, you probably want to update and see what it’s like for yourself. So with that in mind we’ve created a handy how to below with everything you need to know about updating to the first beta of iOS 7. Before you do update, we highly suggest you read our notes just in case.
- Don’t update if you want to keep your jailbreak or hacktivation.
- Be sure to backup everything that you are afraid of possibly losing.
- Use the Update button not the restore button.
- Your device has to be activated before updating.
- Want to downgrade? See our how to here.
How to guide:
- Download the iOS 7 beta from here, make sure you download the correct version for your device. We reccomend saving the iOS 7 beta to your desktop for easy access.
- Open iTunes and on the Summary page of your iOS device, hold the Shift key (Windows) or Option key (Mac) and click Update not Restore. Once a window pops up, select the iOS 7 beta and click Open.
- After 10 minutes or so, your device will finish updating to iOS 7. If you end up wanting to downgrade to iOS 6, check out our how to here.