As we all now, Cydia is swamped right now with the huge amount of people trying to update, install, and download jailbreak tweaks. For some, they are able to download the tweaks if they’re lucky enough but for most people it simply doesn’t work. So to fix this problem, we’ve got a handy tip for you that may give you a better chance for downloading and installing your tweaks.
- Download and install iFunbox then Head on over to CydiaUpdates and find the tweak you are looking for.
- Once you find the tweak you are looking for, click on the name, then click on “File Download“.
- Here’s how it is handy: If your tweak does not download right away, you can continuously try to download it until it works, which is much quicker than trying it over and over in Cydia. When it works, save the .deb to your Desktop.
- Open iFunbox and connect your device to your computer, after that, iFunBox will show your device contents, then navigate to var/root/Media/.
- Move the .deb file from your desktop to var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall.
- Reboot your iDevice and you are set!
Sometimes, files like “WeeLoader” will not install correctly. So if that is the case, try rebooting a few more times or delete it from Cydia. For those worried, this will not harm your device, leave any extra files behind, or make your iDevice slower.
This method is quicker than trying over and over in Cydia to download the tweak(s) and it just to end up not working. Do not give up on the download, eventually you will get it.
[Huge thanks to our contributor, @foozelz]