Backing up your iOS device is crucial now-a-days, especially for critical apps, vacation pictures, text messages, and almost everything in between. Thanks to Apple though, they have simplified this with their new cloud storage option, iCloud, allowing you to store pictures and files for easy access along with backing up your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or even Mac as well. For today we will cover backing up your iOS device to iCloud — all you’ve got to do is follow the steps below and you’re set!
- Open up the Settings app on your iOS device then scroll down and tap on “iCloud“.
- Make sure you have iCloud set up and turned on.
- Scroll down and tap on “Storage & Backup“, then at the very bottom “Back Up Now” should be listed if you’re onnect to Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the “Back Up Now” button and let your iCloud backup begin. Depending upon how long it may take, be sure to charge your iOS device if needed.
- BONUS: At the “Storage & Backup” screen, go to “Manage Storage >” then select your device for more detailed options.
- Now enjoy the comfort of knowing your iOS device has been backed up to iCloud!